10 INSANE TODDLER FACTS
- The average two-year-old adds around five new words to their vocabulary every day.
- Most 1-year-olds are ambidextrous, meaning they use both their hands equally. Your toddler will most likely start showing a preference for his left or right hand by age 2 or 3. In about 90% of children, this will be the right hand.
- The average toddler takes 176 steps a minute.
- Toddlers are attracted to shapes that resemble the human face.
- A toddler’s stomach is very small – usually only the size of a small fist.
- Your little one was born with around 100 billion brain cells which form networks his brain during the toddler years that helps him to develop memory and think for himself.
- Your toddler’s hearing is much better than yours – even though he pretends he can’t hear you at times. A toddler’s new ears are far better at picking up higher frequencies than yours, sounds that older ears have tuned out or can longer hear as a result of ageing and noise pollution.
- A 3-year-old boy’s voice is louder than 200 adults in a restaurant.
- On average, a 4-year-old child asks 437 questions a day.
- Your toddler’s high chair has around 1500 times more germs on it than his potty.
Back to THE TODDLER JOURNAL